CIDSE is an international family of Catholic social justice organisations working together with others to promote justice, harness the power of global solidarity and create transformational change to end poverty and inequalities. We do this by challenging systemic injustice and inequity as well as destruction of nature. We believe in a world where every human being has a right to live in dignity. www.cidse.org
The CIDSE Secretariat, located in Brussels, is currently looking for a:
GRANTS & EXTERNAL FUNDING OFFICER
The position is 80-100 % (negotiable). The position is bound to a project with funding until 30/06/2023.
Under the supervision of the Secretary General and in direct collaboration with the rest of the team:
- Contribute directly to the development and ensure regular update of the external funding strategy, in line with the Strategic framework, operational plan and related work-plans and priorities of CIDSE;
- Manage existing external grants and projects, including reporting and donor relations where necessary;
- Responsible for scanning the funding environment to identify new funding opportunities, developing and drafting proposals and grant applications, as well as reporting on external funding received through various sources;
- Support your colleagues in developing their own capacity with regards to external funding, proposal development, and reporting and monitoring of funded projects;
- Explore and propose opportunities for joint funding initiatives within the CIDSE network and with allies;
- Coordinate internal efforts in the team and among the membership with regards to external funding opportunities.
- 3- 5 years of work experience in fundraising, co-financing and grant writing; with specific experience in EU grants, foundations, and government sources;
- 3 years’ experience in project management, and understanding of planning, monitoring, and reporting;
- Relevant knowledge of funding environment in Belgium, the EU, and within Europe;
- Experience and knowledge of budget planning and financial reporting;
- Capacity to work independently and within a team – according to an established work-plan, as well as taking initiatives when required;
- Good knowledge and understanding of social justice and international development issues;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, diplomacy, discretion, and tact;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and working knowledge of French, or another European language an asset.
- You have good team-working skills and the ability to work in an international, multi-cultural NGO environment;
- You are a good multi-tasker and results oriented with a professional attitude.
- You have proven computer skills (knowledge of database an asset) and are available to travel.
CIDSE offers the opportunity:
- to work in an international organisation with a dynamic international team;
- to work with CIDSE member organisations, allies and partners worldwide;
- to work in the Brussels EU-Quarter and an interesting and challenging job;
The terms and conditions of working, including salary range, are those of CIDSE and depend on experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter by 16 October 2020 to: email@example.com
Interviews will likely be held in the 3rd week of October 2020.
Proposed start date: November 20th 2020