CIDSE is an international family of Catholic social justice organisations working together with others to promote justice, harness the power of global solidarity and create transformational change to end poverty and inequalities. We do this by challenging systemic injustice and inequity as well as destruction of nature. We believe in a world where every human being has a right to live in dignity.
The CIDSE Secretariat, located in Brussels, is currently looking for a:
COMMUNICATIONS INTERN to join its secretariat and strengthen its dynamic communications team from January 2021. The successful candidate will contribute in securing and increasing CIDSE’s online presence and visibility via different tools. The position is full-time, part-time is possible with a minimum 75%. We offer a fixed-term 6 months contract.
Under the supervision of the Communications Manager you support the communications team in:
- Contributing to the monitoring and generation of website’s inbound traffic;
- Contributing to website’s management and update;
- Contributing to the management of online collaborative tools for the CIDSE network;
- Supporting the creation of various social media contents: video clips, pictures, flyers, infographics;
- Supporting the writing, editing and proofreading of articles as necessary.
- You hold a degree in the field of communications/graphic design/marketing/ Information technology or similar;
- You are comfortable working with SEO (search engine optimization) and Google Analytics;
- You have knowledge of WordPress and Microsoft 365 office package;
- You are familiar with Zoom and Microsoft Teams;
- You are familiar with video filming and editing
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills in English – other languages such as Spanish and French are an asset;
- You are interested in and understands the values and mission of CIDSE;
- You have a creative aesthetic sensitivity;
- You have good team-working and multicultural skills, experience working in a network or multi-cultural NGO environment is an asset;
- You are a good multi-tasker and strive for high-quality delivery;
- You have an encouraging, collaborative, and open-minded attitude.
- the opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic international team;
- the opportunity to work with CIDSE member organisations, allies and partners worldwide;
- the opportunity to work in the Brussels EU-Quarter. Due to the pandemic, it might be however necessary to work from home for some periods of time;
- an interesting and challenging job;
- a cost allowance.
Please send your CV and cover letter by 9 December 2020 to: email@example.com . Interviews will likely be held during the week of 14th December