Vacancy extended until Friday 26th March
CIDSE is an international family of 18 Catholic social justice organisations from across Europe and North America working together with others to promote justice, harness the power of global solidarity and create transformational change to end poverty and inequalities. We do this by challenging systemic injustice and inequity as well as destruction of nature. We believe in a world where every human being has a right to live in dignity.
The CIDSE Secretariat, located in Brussels, is currently looking for a
Senior Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
to join its team as soon as possible. The position is 100% / 5 days per week, on a three-year contract (tied to an external grant).
CIDSE’s mission is to promote social justice by bringing together collective efforts to identify and change the structures, policies, and systems that create and reinforce injustice, human rights violations and destruction of nature.We work to change the narrative around how this world is organised and who has a voice and we do this through intentional transformative advocacy towards the decision-makers.
The purpose of this position is to assess, map out, and analyse the practice and experience of promoting systemic change through transformative advocacy and collective action through the CIDSE network, and then to develop an adapted monitoring, evaluation, and learning process and tools which can be applied to the change processes we are engaged in. The Advisor will guide a process of learning through collective knowledge, and develop tools and methodology which can be shared and implemented within the CIDSE Secretariat and with the membership. The MEL Advisor will also develop training for staff and members, and work closely with the Strategic Planning Steering Group and external consultant to ensure that the methodology serves to develop targets and indicators to reach the network’s objectives.
- Based on the Strategic Framework, facilitating/supporting the overall implementation of the Strategic priorities of the organisation, more specifically ensuring the development and implementation of a new and adapted Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Methodology and Process for CIDSE to measure its systemic change approach;
- As a senior member of the team, contributing to the overall work of the Secretariat, advising the Secretary General, supporting the other members of the Management team, and guiding and supporting the strategic planning process;
- Supporting the Systemic change learning process and Strategic Planning Process, coordinating with external consultants, leading the staff in the team, coordinating the membership steering group for the strategic plan and all activities within the Secretariat in these areas as well as cross-cutting themes; Participating in and actively contributing to the Management Team meetings and joint work;
- Co-organising governance, and or strategic reflection spaces within the Secretariat, the network or with allies;
- Advanced University Degree in International Development, International Policy, Law, Environmental studies, or any relevant area of studies for the work of CIDSE;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in research methods associated to developing and applying Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning processes and methodology in the international development sector;
- Specific experience in MEL as applied to processes of change and transformation in addition to qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis;
- Technical knowledge of and experience using various applied research and M&E techniques; ability to link information systems to program implementation.
- Experience in a leadership position, especially within networks and intercultural settings;
- Advanced strategy development, planning, and reporting skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of Catholic Church values and social teachings in the area of social justice, and commitment to the mission of CIDSE;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, and at least one other language of CIDSE’s working groups: French, Spanish, etc.
- Training, facilitation and chairing skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills, diplomacy, discretion, tact, and active listening, creativity, and empathy;
- Proven computer skills, availability to travel and work extra hours on occasion;
- the opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic international team;
- the opportunity to work with CIDSE member organisations, allies and partners worldwide;
- the opportunity to work in the Brussels EU-Quarter, an interesting and challenging job;
- An overall salary package with benefits ranging between 3.500 -5.000 EUR/gross per month with variables based in Belgian law.
For more information about CIDSE please visit our website: www.cidse.org
Please send your CV and cover letter by March 26th 2021 (new extended deadline) to: email@example.com
Interviews will likely take place in the last two weeks of March