CIDSE is an international family of Catholic social justice organizations working together with others to promote justice, harness the power of global solidarity and create transformational change to end poverty and inequalities. The network does this by challenging systemic injustice and inequity as well as destruction of nature. CIDSE believes in a world where every human being has a right to live in dignity.
Over the years, CIDSE has consistently pushed for sustainable lifestyles, seen as integral to our call for climate justice and to keep the global temperature increase below 1.5 degrees. For behavioral shifts to be truly sustainable, the change needs a systemic approach at all levels of society: the individual, collective, societal, political and cultural. We take inspiration from the concept of ecological conversion, as promoted by Pope Francis.
Change for the planet – Care for the people is the CIDSE youth network’s initiative carrying on the above-mentioned work. The CIDSE’s Secretariat, located in Brussels, is currently looking for a full-time intern for the period August 2021 – end of January 2022 to join its international team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Support CIDSE staff working on its main priorities for 2021 under the guidance of the responsible officers, mainly focusing on youth climate activism and sustainable lifestyles;
- Support CIDSE staff in the organization of young volunteers’ international activities on sustainable lifestyles (camps/trainings/residentials/webinars, mobilization toward to COP26…);
- Support the (digital/physical) launch of the upcoming CIDSE youth climate activism documentary including the development of educational material for CIDSE supporters;
- Provide logistical and organizational support for meetings, teleconferences, events and various projects (e.g. minute taking and reporting; preparing background documents, presenting research outcomes);
- Support the design and documentation of activities;
- Editing/ proofreading texts such as invitation to events, blogs and articles;
- Support social media activities related to climate justice and sustainable lifestyles;
- Support preparations for CIDSE presence at international events and/or external meetings;
- Support the CIDSE work on ecological footprint (at office and network level);- Contribute to CIDSE overall strategy based on systemic change approach.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and ability to prioritize from a range of tasks;
- Fluent written and spoken English; Spanish or French also an asset;
- Good writing skills;
- Good IT skills (Microsoft office, Social Media, WordPress, Zoom);
- Graduated in Political Sciences, International relations, Development Studies, Communications or related fields;
- A keen interest in global justice and sustainable lifestyles;
- Team worker, dynamic and flexible;
- Sharing of CIDSE’s values and principles.
- The opportunity to work with an international and dynamic team based in the European quarter of Brussels;
- An interesting and challenging internship offering several learning opportunities;
- A cost allowance.
Please note that this internship can be done remotely too. However, according to what will be allowed by the Belgian/European governments, a few physical meetings in Brussels might be necessary.