CIDSE is an international family of Catholic social justice organisations working together with others to promote justice, harness the power of global solidarity and create transformational change to end poverty and inequalities. We do this by challenging systemic injustice and inequity as well as destruction of nature. We believe in a world where every human being has a right to live in dignity.
The CIDSE Secretariat, located in Brussels, is currently looking for a
Agroecology and Food Sovereignty Officer
to join its team as soon as of January 2021. The position is 100% / 5 days per week, on a permanent contract.
Your responsibilities: Working within the Secretariat team on Climate, Agroecology and Food Sovereignty;
- You facilitate and coordinate the network working group and relations with member organisations working on Climate, Food, and Agriculture issues;
- You develop and help implement policy positions and advocacy strategies on your areas of thematic responsibility with your colleagues in the Secretariat, with the members’ working group and other key civil society allies;
- You follow policy processes at the UN and EU level, ensure information sharing and networking with partners and allies, including the Catholic Church, and represent CIDSE on various platforms;
- You ensure smooth collaboration and shared learning across CIDSE different thematic priorities;
- You contribute to CIDSE overall strategy based on systemic change approach.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- You have education and training in international development, agronomy, political science, law, or any other relevant fields;
- You have specific experience and interest in advocating for social justice, the right to food, agroecology, food sovereignty and climate justice, and following UN and EU mechanisms and processes;
- You can build and develop political analysis and expertise on new topics and issues
- You have knowledge of the European and UN political processes on climate and agriculture;
- You have demonstrated facilitation and coordination skills (experience in a network environment is an asset);
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills in English, as well as one of our other working languages (French, Spanish, German). Additional languages are an asset;
- You have an understanding of, and commitment to the mission and values of CIDSE;
- You have good team-working skills and the ability to work in an international, multi-cultural NGO environment;
- You are a good multi-tasker and results oriented with a professional attitude. You have leadership and diplomacy skills;
- You have proven computer skills and are available to travel.
- the opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic international team;
- the opportunity to work with CIDSE member organisations, allies and partners worldwide;
- the opportunity to work in the Brussels EU-Quarter, an interesting and challenging job. Part of the work will have to be conducted from home, until our offices are fully renovated.
The terms and conditions of working, including salary range, are those of CIDSE and depends on experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter by October 29th to: email@example.com
Interviews will likely be held in the week of November 15th.
For more information about CIDSE please visit our website www.cidse.org