CIDSE is an international family of Catholic social justice organisations working together with others to promote justice, harness the power of global solidarity and create transformational change to end poverty and inequalities. We do this by challenging systemic injustice and inequity as well as destruction of nature. We believe in a world where every human being has a right to live in dignity.
The CIDSE Secretariat, located in Brussels, is currently looking for a Energy and extractivism Officer to join its team as soon as possible. The position is 100% / 5 days per week, on a replacement contract, from the 1st of January 2023 until the 15 of June (5.5 months). The job is based in Brussels.
The Officer is responsible for the implementation of the programme “Transforming energy systems: from extractivism to sufficiency”, in coherence with CIDSE’s overall Strategic Framework (2023-2028). The Officer contributes to, facilitates and catalyzes the joint work of members, related advocacy strategy and broader collaboration on the thematic they are leading on. It means:
- You work within the Secretariat advocacy and policy team including on strategy, planning, implementation, evaluating and reporting;
- You facilitate and coordinate the network working group and relations with member organisations;
- You develop policy positions and advocacy strategies on your areas of thematic responsibility with your colleagues in the Secretariat, with the members’ working group and other key civil society allies;
- You follow policy processes at the UN and EU level, ensure information sharing and networking with partners and allies, including the Catholic Church, and represent CIDSE on various platforms, international lobbying and in public events;
- You ensure smooth collaboration and shared learning across CIDSE different thematic priorities facilitating coherence of message and communication;
- You contribute to CIDSE overall strategy based on systemic change approach and help in identifying and promoting successful stories of change;
- Support the administration and HR team’s fundraising and reporting activities (external funding, coherence with workplans, contribution to applications, intern recruitment, and acting as reference person).
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- You have a master’s degree and/or equivalent education and training in international development, energy, climate, environmental studies, political science or any other relevant fields;
- You have specific experience and interest in the fields of social justice, climate and energy policies, human rights, and following UN and EU mechanisms and processes;
- You have demonstrated facilitation and coordination skills (experience in a network environment –an asset);
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills in English;
- You have an understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of CIDSE;
- You have interest strategy development and planning;
- You have good team-working skills and the ability to work in an international, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural NGO environment;
- Proactive in seeking opportunities for collaboration with partners from the Global South;
- You are a good multi-tasker and results oriented with a professional attitude. You have leadership and diplomacy skills;
- Experience in project management, and understanding of planning, monitoring, and reporting (narrative and financial) – an asset;
- You have proven computer skills and are available to travel and work extra hours on occasion.
- the opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic international team;
- the opportunity to work with CIDSE member organisations, allies and partners worldwide;
- the opportunity to work in the Brussels EU-Quarter, an interesting and challenging job.
The terms and conditions of working, including salary range, are those of CIDSE and depends on experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter by October 23rd 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will likely be held in the week of 31st of October 2022.