Focus: agroecology and food sovereignty, land justice, climate and agriculture
CIDSE is an international family of Catholic social justice organisations. We work with global partners and allies to promote justice, harnessing the power of global solidarity to achieve transformational change for people and the planet. We challenge systemic injustice and its destructive impacts through connecting, mobilizing, influencing and telling stories of change. We promote environmentally and socially just alternatives to allow everyone to thrive in our common home.
The CIDSE Secretariat, located in Brussels, is currently looking for a Food and Land Officer with a focus on agroecology and food sovereignty, land justice, climate and agriculture to join its team as of mid-August 2023. The position is 80% or 100%, with permanent contract. The Officer is part of the CIDSE Secretariat policy team and is responsible for the implementation of the thematic area “Affirming food sovereignty and land justice”.
- You facilitate and coordinate the network working group and relations with member organisations working on agroecology and food sovereignty, land justice, climate and agriculture;
- You develop and help implement policy positions and advocacy strategies with your colleagues in the Secretariat, with the members’ working group, key partners and other key civil society allies;
- You follow policy processes at the UN and EU levels, ensure information sharing and networking with partners and allies and represent CIDSE on various platforms;
- You ensure smooth collaboration and shared learning across CIDSE different thematic priorities;
- You contribute to CIDSE overall strategy based on a systemic change approach;
- You are proactive in seeking opportunities for collaboration with partners from the “Global South”.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- You have leadership and diplomacy skills;
- You have specific experience and interest in advocating for social justice, the right to food, agroecology, food sovereignty and climate justice, and following UN and EU mechanisms and processes;
- You can build and develop political analysis and expertise on new topics and issues;
- You have knowledge of the European and UN political processes related to the thematic (knowledge on financing development/agriculture/agroecology, EU programming, UNFCCC and UNDROP is an asset);
- You have demonstrated facilitation and coordination skills (experience in a network environment is an asset);
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills in English, as well as one of our other working languages (French, Spanish, German). Additional languages are an asset;
- You have an understanding of, and commitment to the mission and values of CIDSE;
- You have good team-working skills and the ability to work in an international, multi-cultural NGO environment;
- You are a good multi-tasker and results oriented with a professional attitude;
- You have proven computer skills and are available to travel;
- You hold a valid European working permit (In case of non-EU citizenship).
- the opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic international team;
- the opportunity to work with CIDSE member organisations, allies and partners worldwide;
- the opportunity to work in the Brussels EU-Quarter, an interesting and challenging job;
- The opportunity to work remotely one day per week.
The terms and conditions of working, including salary range, are those of CIDSE and depend on experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter by June 16th to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will likely begin the week of July 3rd 2023.
For more information about CIDSE please visit our website www.cidse.org
Cover photo by Safari Consoler / Pexels.