Focus: Fighting impunity and overcoming corporate power
CIDSE is an international family of Catholic social justice organisations. We work with global partners and allies to promote justice, harnessing the power of global solidarity to achieve transformational change for people and the planet. We challenge systemic injustice and its destructive impacts through connecting, mobilizing, influencing and telling stories of change. We promote environmentally and socially just alternatives to allow everyone to thrive in our common home.
The CIDSE Secretariat, located in Brussels, is currently looking for a Corporate Power and Human Rights Officer to join its team as soon as possible. The position is 100%, with permanent contract. The Officer is part of the CIDSE Secretariat policy team and is responsible for the implementation of the thematic area “Fighting Impunity and overcoming corporate power”.
- You work within the Secretariat advocacy and policy team including on strategy, planning, implementation, evaluating and reporting;
- You facilitate and coordinate the related network working group and relations with member organisations;
- You develop policy positions and advocacy strategies on your areas of thematic responsibility with your colleagues in the Secretariat, with the members’ working group and other key civil society allies;
- You represent CIDSE in European and international coalitions and follow policy processes at the UN and EU level, ensure information sharing and networking with partners and allies, including the Catholic Church, and represent CIDSE on various platforms, international lobbying and in public events;
- You influence ongoing legislative and policy processes and you proactively seek advocacy opportunities to advance the network’s policy objectives in the field of business and human rights;
- You actively integrate the realities and demands of CIDSE’s partners in the Global South into the network’s positions and demands with a decolonial approach;
- You participate in joint efforts and reflections more specifically on decolonization and integrating feminism – and applying them to your thematic work, as well as deepening our knowledge and understanding of the other systemic lenses: human rights, climate and biodiversity, and economic and political systems;
- Support the administration team, as well as the MEL and Funding team in reporting activities (external funding, coherence with workplans, contribution to applications, intern recruitment, and acting as reference person);
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- You have a master’s degree and/or equivalent education and training in international development, law, human rights, corporate regulation and justice, political science or any other relevant fields;
- You have specific experience and interest in advocating for social justice, corporate regulation and human rights policies, and following UN and EU mechanisms and processes;
- You have knowledge of the European legislative environment on Business and Human Rights;
- You have demonstrated facilitation and coordination skills (experience in a network environment – an asset);
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills in English, French and/or Spanish are an asset;
- You have an understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of CIDSE;
- You have good team-working skills and the ability to work in an international, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural NGO environment;
- You have experience in proactive in seeking opportunities for collaboration with partners from the Global South;
- You are a good multi-tasker and results oriented with a professional attitude. You have leadership and diplomacy skills;
- Experience in project management, and understanding of planning, monitoring, and reporting (narrative and financial) – an asset;
- You are available to travel and work extra hours on occasion;
- You have a valid EU working permit;
- The opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic international team;
- The opportunity to work with CIDSE member organisations, allies and partners worldwide;
- The opportunity to work in the Brussels EU-Quarter, an interesting and challenging job;
- The terms and conditions of working, including salary range, are those of CIDSE and depends on experience; The gross salary can vary between 3238 € and 3867 € gross per month. Possibility of 3 days of telework/week;
The terms and conditions of working, including salary range, are those of CIDSE and depend on experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter by the 21st of September to: email@example.com
Interviews will likely begin the week of the 25th of September 2023.
For more information about CIDSE please visit our website www.cidse.org
Cover photo by CIDSE