Showcasing the impact of debt in poor countries and a proposal for fair and green recovery financing
Strengthening the knowledge and exchange between the global faith community and the WB/IMF leadership on their recovery strategy, this side-event proposes inclusive financing solutions to support the most vulnerable, and sharing lived experiences from countries with heavy debt burdens which are limiting their ability to fight the pandemic. Please note that this event will be held in english only at 10:00–11:30 am U.S/Washington, D.C. time and 04:00-5:30 pm Brussels time.
- Moderator: Marcello Estevão, Global Director of the World Bank Group’s Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment Global Practice
- Panelist 1: Rev. Suzanne Malate, Independent Commission for the Reform of International Corporate Taxation (ICRIT)
- Panelist 2: Eric LeCompte, Executive Director, Jubilee USA
- Panelist 3: Eugene Kabilika, Executive Director, Caritas Zambia
- Panelist 4: Jeromin Zettelmeyer, Deputy Director, Strategy Policy and Review Department, IMF
This event will take place during the Civil Society Forum (22 March-2 April) that precedes the IMF/World Bank Spring Meetings.