Faiths Unite: Visions for Transformative Climate Action – Online Event #2
The Interfaith Liaison Committee to the UNFCCC welcomes friends from around the world to learn, discuss and explore climate action in the run up to what should have been COP26. We welcome members from different religious communities, alongside scientists and policymakers, to meet and share their visions for faith-based climate action in 2020.
Join the SECOND session of a 3-part interactive online series every Tuesday, October 27th- November 10th, 2020.
Tuesday 3 November ¦ 4:00-5:30 pm GMT ¦ 5:00-6:30 pm CET ¦ 11:00 am-12:30 pm EST
The second online session will bring together representatives from the scientific, policy and faith communities engaged on climate change. This will be an interdisciplinary discussion on the agenda for COP26 and what this means for climate action now.
- Sarmad Iqbal, Islamic Relief Worldwide (Pakistan)
- Neil Thorns, Chair of the Climate Coalition and Advocacy Director of CAFOD (UK)
- Prof Joyashree Roy, Bangabandhu Chair Professor, Asian Institute of Technology. IPCC Author (Thailand)
- Moema de Miranda, Churches and Mining, Franciscans (Brazil)
- Ovais Sarmad, UNFCCC Deputy Executive Secretary (Bonn)
Moderator: Lindsey Fielder-Cook, Representative for Climate Change, Quaker United Nations Office (Geneva)
Zoom Host: Lutheran World Federation: