Unveiling of the Glasgow Climate Dialogues communiqué
Communiqué from Global South experts on key #COP26 issues – Participation, Adaptation, Loss & Damage, and Just Transition
Speakers will include representatives from the Scottish Government and the Global South team who co-facilitated the communiqué development:
- Rhoda Boateng, International Trade Union Congress – Africa
- Lucy Ssendi, Climate resilience specialist and government adviser, Tanzania
- Julius Ng’oma, Civil Society Network on Climate Change, Malawi
- Ruth Nyambura, African Ecofeminist Collective
- Enamul Mazid Khan Siddique, Oxfam Bangladesh
- Professor Saleemul Huq, International Centre for Climate Change and Development.
There will be an opportunity for breakout sessions on each of the four areas.
The launch marks the unveiling of the Glasgow Climate Dialogues Communiqué developed following the four dialogue discussions hosted by the Scottish Government and Stop Climate Chaos Scotland of which SCIAF – CIDSE’s member in Scotland – is a member. These discussions heard from over a hundred Global South experts and participants from Malawi, Sri Lanka, Cameroon, Bangladesh, Rwanda and Tonga, amongst others, across a range of key issues for the COP26 negotiations in November.
This communiqué will be shared with pre-COP strategy sessions and presented at a UNFCCC side-event during the conference.