(Virtual) World Social Forum 2021
This year, the World Social Forum celebrates its 20th anniversary. CIDSE is a member of the International Council and supports the WSF process since the early days. Due to the global pandemic, it will be an online edition. To participate, register here.
- 23 January: Opening with a world march for justice, cultural political act, democracy and well-being and local, face-to-face and virtual activities in different parts of the world.
- 24 to 29 January: conferences organised by the Facilitating Committee of the Virtual FSM combined with an “open” space for self-organised activities organised around the following topics: Climate change / Ecology – Peace and war – Democracy – Social justice – Economic justice – Society and diversity – Communication – Education
- 30 January: Thematic or Regional Convergences.
- 31 January: Closing session: virtual Agora
– “20 years later, which direction for the World Social Forum?” by Gilio Brunelli, former Director of the International Programmes Department of Development and Peace (Canada).
– ” 20 years World Social Forum, a short CIDSE story” by Markus Brun, Director of the International Cooperation Department, Fastenopfer, (Switzerland)