Access to the GCF: launch of new CIDSE study and exchange on barriers, entry points and lessons learned.
Following the launch of the paper “Improving Civil Society’s Limited Access to The Green Climate Fund” on 28 April 2021, CIDSE is pleased to invite you to the CSO engagement online seminar on the topic, to be held on 05 May 2021. The online seminar will present the findings of this report, which include policy recommendations based on an analysis of GCF policies and lessons learned from five case studies.
Watch the Live streaming recording on CIDSE’s YouTube channel:
LANGUAGES: This online seminar will be held in English with simultaneous interpretation in French and Spanish, allowing greater participation from all over the world.
- Welcome & Introduction
- Keynote by Thomas Hirsch (Climate and Development Advice) on the results of a new CIDSE report on “improving civil society’s limited access to the green climate fund”, along with policy recommendations. This research is based on an analysis of GCF policies and lessons learned from five case studies
- Lessons from development finance to strengthen climate finance – Leia Achampong, Senior Policy & Advocacy Officer – Climate Finance, Eurodad – Brussels
- Expanding on experiences from Global South partner – Julius Ng’oma, CISONECC – Civil Society Network on Climate Change, Malawi
- Policy perspective – Raju Chhetri, director of Prakriti Resources Centre (PRC), Nepal
- Q&As from the floor to all speakers
The discussion will be facilitated by Lydia Machaka, CIDSE Climate Justice and Energy Officer.
We are excited to have you join us! If you are unable to join on these occasions, please note that webinar recordings will be made available on the event webpage in due course.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any queries regarding this event at: email@example.com
This event is co-founded by the European Union.