Our Land is Our Life- When Spiders Unite their Webs, They Tie a Lion
Civil society webinar on rural development in Africa
Registration: click here to register- by 15th October noon.
You will have to indicate which break out room you would like to attend. without the indication of a preference participants will be allocated randomly to a break out room.
N.B.: The event starts at 13.30, but we are encouraging participants to log in early (at 13h00), especially those who wish to get a quick training on how to use online tools to participate interactively in the breakout session, mainly in the session on the Role of faith-based actors.
Languages: interpretation will be provided in English, French and Portugese
Plenary session- 13.h30- 14h 30
- Bishop Sithembele Sipuka, SECAM (Symposium of Episcopal Commission for Africa and Madagascar)
- Busisiwe Mgangxela, Eastern Cape Agroecology Farmers’ Association
- Kone Massa, CGLTE-OA (Global Convergence of Land and Water Struggles in West Africa)
- Nina Moeller, Coventry University Center for Agroecology, Water and Resilience
Break out session- 14h30-15h30
- Social Responsibility of the Faith Communities
- Role of Women in Rural Development: Agroecology, Food and Nutrition Security
- Land Grab and Mechanisms for Monitoring and Holding to Account Activities of EU Investments (UNDROP and ETO)
- Finance for Agroecology: Under which conditions can finance work for agroecological transitions
This event is co-founded by the European Union.