Report of the “Our Land is Our Life Platform” webinar on rural development in Africa held at the VENRO hybrid Africa-Europe Civil Society Conference (Berlin, 16 October 2020) in the run up to the 2021 AU-EU Summit.
“When spiders unite, they tie a lion. Who are the spiders, and who are the lions? The spiders are the CSOs (Civil Society Organisations) and FBOs (Faith-Based Organisations) represented by you and here with us. The lions are the African Union and the European Union political muscular business agenda. How can we join hands together to tie the lion?”
- Social Responsibility of Faith Communities
- The Role of Women in Rural Development: Agroecology, Food & Nutrition Security
- Land Grabs: Holding Investors to Account
- Finance for Agroecology
- Dr. Million Belay: General Coordinator – Alliance for Food Sovereignty in Africa (AFSA)
- Bishop Sithembele Sipuka: Symposium of Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar (SECAM)
- Busisiwe Mgangxela: Eastern Cape Agroecology Farmers’ Association
- Massa Kone: Convergence for the Struggle for Land, Water and Farmers’ Seed West Africa (CGLTE-AO)
- Nina Isabella Moeller: Centre for Agroecology, Water and Resilience, Coventry University
The workshop was organised by AFSA, SECAM, AEFJN, CGLTE-AO, Rural Women’s Assembly, CICODEV, ACT Alliance-EU and CIDSE with the financial support of the European Union.
The contents of this report are the sole responsibility of the organisers and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.